In case you thought leadership was only for other people:
- Do something fresh with transparency: try out a new visualisation on someone else; crystallise a pattern or policy out of the decisions you’ve made recently; review your feedback loops
- Check your balance: Overloaded? Not finishing stuff? No wiggle room? Too short term? Not enough experimentation?
- Foster collaboration: work on a problem with a friend; make an introduction; look at who works with whom
- Adjust your customer focus: identify your customer, the customer behind the customer, the deeper need behind their apparent problem, next year’s problem. Talk!
- Pay attention to flow: Can you see it? What is stuck today? Where do blockages repeatedly occur? Why is that?
- Grow understanding: go and see; share what you found; admit “we don’t know enough yet”; try an experiment (and dare to describe it as such)
- Seek agreement: That change you’re involved in… Whose idea was it, who’s implementing it, who’s impacted? All agreed?
- Show and expect respect: Do we still have to ask about this one?
- Develop leadership in yourself and in others: be an encouragement to someone else in their small act of leadership; share this handy list 🙂
None of these require you to wear a special badge. Try one!